Version 1.7 of iVidCapPro is now available. This version contains the following changes:
- Compatibility updates for Unity 5.5, iOS 10, and Xcode 8.
- .unitypackage file created using Unity 5-4-0f3.
- Create iVidCapPro lib with Bitcode enabled.
- Fix to native code to ensure that unmixed video has completed writing before we try to mix it with audio. This should alleviate some app crashes in which the video track was missing when the video asset was loaded.
- Update native code to perform more error checking when loading assets. Plugin should now abort in these cases instead of crashing the app. IMPORTANT NOTE: When calling EndRecordingSessionWithAudioFiles, the specified audio files must exist or the plugin will abort. Previously, non-existent files were simply ignored.
- The SampleManager was updated to copy the finished video to the Photos album. Previously it was leaving the video in the app Documents directory (an oversight from when I was testing the “copy to Photos album” feature).
- Added new section “Recording device independent resolution video” to the documentation.
- NOTE: When using iOS10, you will need to add the “Privacy – Photo Library Usage Description” key to the info.plist (Info) in Xcode. Unity has not yet exposed this setting in Player settings.
The update can be downloaded here:
Thanks to the people who contributed suggestions and code snippets for this update!