It’s great for recording video trailers, demos and in-app footage for your Unity-based game or app. It’s fast, flexible and easy to use. It runs wholly on the device and does not require a network connection.
When the video is recorded you decide how it’s handled. Give your users complete freedom to share it, restrict it to playback from within your app, or anything in between.
|Download Unity Package File||Downloading the Unity package file gives you everything you need to use iVidCapPro in your app. The docs are included in a zip file in Assets->Plugins->iVidCapPro.|
|Download Xcode Project File||The Xcode project contains the source code for the native side of the plugin (libiVidCapPro.a). You only need this if you want to change the underlying operation of the plugin.|
|View Documentation||The same documentation that is included in the Unity package. Preview it here to see if iVidCapPro meets your needs.|
iVidCapPro gives you choices.
Choices and features–here are some of them:
- Record real time footage.
- Great for demos, trailers, and replays.
- Record at any resolution.
- Record your app in 720p or even 1080p. Need 512×512 for a special project? You got it.
- Record at fixed framerate.
- If you don’t need real time rendering, but want a really high quality recording, you can pick your target framerate. 30fps? 60fps? Your choice.
- Record from multiple cameras simultaneously.
- Have a separate camera for the GUI and the game character and want to record them simultaneously for a demo? You can do that.
- Record from multiple cameras in sequence.
- Switch between cameras during the recording session to show the action from different vantage points.
- Record from rendertexture.
- If you have your own secret recipe for cooking up a video source, iVidCapPro gets out of your way. Just point it at a rendertexture and it’ll make a video out of it. No cameras required.
- Record scene audio.
- Choose an audio listener and capture it. The audio capture component has its own gain control, so you can get the video volume just right without disturbing your in-app mix.
- Record a voice over
- Maybe you’re making a demo of your app or game and want to add commentary. Just tell iVidCapPro to record from the mic in addition to the scene. Use the device’s built-in mic or a headset mic.
- Supply prerecorded audio.
- Have prerecorded audio that you want to add to the video? iVidCapPro lets you choose up to two audio files to mix with the finished video.
- Adjust video quality settings.
- Configure the bitrate and keyframe interval to get the balance you need between video file size and quality.
- Adjust video gamma.
- Need to tweak the video brightness to get the right look? It’s here.
- Slide show mode.
- Throttled framerate capture lets you turn your app into a slideshow.
- Full destination control
- Have the finished video copied to the device Photo Album. Or store it in your app’s Documents folder. Control of the video is in your hands and those of your customer. No servers. No accounts. Use of the videos from your app can be totally unlimited or fully restricted. You decide.
- H.264 video encoding.
iVidCapPro is available free of charge. You can use it in your apps, commercial or otherwise. You may not repackage it and sell it as a Unity asset. You are encouraged to modify it according to your needs. If you find bugs or have enhancements you’d like to share, feel free to post your changes on the Unity forums in the iVidCapPro thread or send them to email@example.com. If there is sufficient interest we may, in the future, create a public source code repository for the project.
Because it’s free, there is no official support for iVidCapPro. If you’d like more details about this, view this post.
iVidCapPro requires Unity Pro. iVidCapPro is known to work with the following versions of Unity:
- Unity Pro and iOS Pro – 3.5, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.5
It also requires:
- iOS SDK 5.0 or higher